It's been a while since I updated this blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working. On the 30th of Dec Chris, Dan Schmitt and I went to the house to finish tearing up carpet and pulling tack strips. Chris also brought me some furniture which was very nice of him. The floors look pretty good and are all ready for refinishing.

We also had our first beers at the new house.. 
Mom and Dad have been helping me a lot, and we decided to start working on the bathroom first. Today (new years day, 2009) we deconstructed in the bathroom, removing towel bars, towel rings, doors, door hardware, the rusty medicine chest and the terrible old light above it. Check out what we found behind the medicine chest..
it looks like the previous owner put the razor slot in the back of the medicine chest to good use. We made a trip to Lowe's to get a light and new fixtures.. we also started picking out paint samples and I will say right now, I have NO idea what colors to put anywhere in this place. If anyone wants to come over and help me pick out colors I'd welcome some second opinions.
I've also been appliance shopping and I've had estimates for replacing the boiler and refinishing the floors, and I installed a new kitchen faucet at some point (I forget when). So everything is in full swing and I hope to have a bedroom a bathroom and the kitchen in some sort of living condition soon. Expect another update on Monday or so..
-Aaron
No comments:
Post a Comment