Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the home stretch

First and foremost a HUGE thanks goes out to my family (Mom especially who has spent a ton of time working at my place) and my friends for all the help. I'll be asking for a lot more as things come down the wire in the next couple of weeks..

Alright, lets go with some updates - I got my stove and refrigerator delivered last week and a new boiler installed. These were the last major expenses so I'm glad to have them out of the way.

I was, as many of you know, going to have a big birthday/house warming party on Saturday, but the house just wasn't ready. That of course didn't stop me from putting my friends to work. Here we see two PhD Physics students, Kevin and Andrew, using the wrong end of a rubber mallet to install doors. We do have to give Kevin credit though, he was very hung over when this picture was taken. and look what we have here! Another grad student hard at work putting a second coat of red paint around the fireplace.

and perhaps the smartest creature in the whole house? The Roo-Bear, looking very relaxed and not hung over or over worked

This is a good shot (all these pics have been taken with my cell phone, so 'good' is a relative term) of the living room after Adi got the second coat of paint on and Rich and Andrew put the shelves back up. I'm very happy with how it turned out!

the last bit of work this weekend involved me putting some finishing touches on the bathroom. The medicine chest is up, the sink and toilet are cleaned and reinstalled, all the hooks, towel rings and soap holders are installed, and the shower curtain bar is up... Plus Grammy painted all the trim work and doors white. The only thing I really need is the cover for the ceramic gas heater which is going to the powder coater this week (that's what that big hole in the wall is)
Also, Mom did a very good job getting the fireplace bedroom ready for furniture so I'll hopefully have a bed at my house as soon as the weather breaks and it's nice enough to actually go get it from storage down at the factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment